During the six-week course, we will be covering the topics outlined below:
Module 1 Outline: The role of strength training
- Quality weight loss & body recomposition;
- Historical theories of strength training for fat loss;
- Current understanding of the role of strength training;
- Weekly periodization;
- Long-term periodization principles;
- GPP for fat loss;
- Programming variables;
- Programming considerations (lines of movement & muscle groups pairing);
- Sample GPP fat loss programs
Module 2 Outline: The Role of Aerobic Exercise
- Review and complete GPP programs from Module 1;
- Defining aerobic exercise - intensity domains;
- Defining metabolic flexibility & understanding Zone 2 aerobic exercise; Ø Fasted state exercise;
- Understanding high-intensity interval training & the 3 HIIT types;
- Sample HIIT programs;
- Understanding the Constrained Theory of Energy Expenditure;
Module 3 Outline: Metabolic Adaption
- Complete the Constrained Theory of Energy Expenditure;
- Theory of metabolic adaptation and the consequences of low energy availability, part 1;
- 2 intermediate strength workouts
- 2 long interval workouts.
Module 4 Outline: Intermittent Dieting and Time Restricted Eating
Theory of metabolic adaptation and the consequences of low energy availability, part 2;
The theory of intermittent energy restriction;
Energy restriction options, including time-restricted eating;
3 intermediate strength workouts;
2 sprint interval workouts.
Module 5 Outline: Intermittent Fasting & Time Restricted Eating continued...
- Advanced energy restriction options;
- Organizing exercise sessions & calories within the week; Ø LCHF, ketogenic diets & high fibre diets;
- A closer look at body recomposition;
- 3 advanced strength workouts;
- 2 HIIT interval workouts.
Module 6 Outline: Monitoring Training & Recovery and The Role of Sleep
- Monitoring training and recovery;
- The role of sleep in body composition;
- Guidelines to improve sleep;
- Advanced strength programs;
- HIIT workouts.